This physics tutorial focuses on forces such as static and kinetic frictional forces, tension force, normal force, forces on incline planes and pulley systems. This video is useful for students taking high school and college level physics. This basic review / introduction tutorial contains plenty of notes, examples, equations / formulas and practice problems for you to master the concepts to prepare well for your next upcoming quiz / exam.
Access to Premium Videos:
Here is a list of topics:
1. Newton’s First Law of Motion – An object at rest will remain at rest and an object in motion will remain in motion unless acted on by a net force – Law of Inertia.
2. Newton’s Second Law of Motion – Force equals mass times acceleration.
3. Unit Conversion – Newton, Kilogram or Kg, m/s2, and lbs.
4. Mass vs Weight on Earth and Moon – Force of Gravity
5. Newton’s 3rd Law of Motion – For every action force, there is an equal an opposite reaction force
6. Newton’s third law of Motion Examples – Rocket Propulsion, Book on a Table, Force of Gravity Between Earth and Moon, Throwing a Package off a Boat, Pushing off an ice skater
7. Acceleration Due to Gravity of Earth and Moon
8. Contact Force / Normal Force – Perpendicular to Surface
9. Normal Force and Tension Practice Problems
10. How To Calculate the Tension Force on a rope connecting to hanging box with upward and downward acceleration plus constant speed / velocity.
11. Net Force – Sum of Forces in X and Y direction – Sigma Notation
12. Resultant Force – Adding Force Vectors that are parallel and perpendicular
13. Physics and Trigonometry – SOHCAHTOA – Pythagorean Theorem and Right Triangle Trig.
14. Sine, Cosine, and Tangent Functions
15. Horizontal and Vertical Force Components – Fx and Fy
16. Finding The Reference Angle Using Inverse Tangent and Resultant Angle Using The Signs of X and Y Plus Quadrants
17. Tension Force on Rope Between Two Blocks Connected By Cord
18. Net Acceleration of Two Boxes
19. Calculating T1 and T2 Tension Forces connected to suspended crate.
20. Finding the Force Exerted By Block A on B
21. Kinetic and Static Friction – Coefficients
22. Forces on Inclined Plane – Normal Force, Gravitational Force
22. Friction and Normal Force Calculations
23. Finding Net Acceleration of Blocks of Incline with Pulleys
24. Two Boxes Connected Through a Pulley with Friction
25. Finding Final Velocity of Block Sliding Down Incline with angle theta – Kinematics – Frictionless Surface
26. Finding Stopping Distance Caused By Kinetic Friction on Horizontal Surface
27. Normal Force on Inclines
28. Finding Direction of Motion on Inclines with Pulley System